Tuesday 15 November 2016

behind the scenes of wawomb


Today, in the blog, I share details of love, particles of imagination and dreams, dreams of who has not lost the child that is within herself. A mother, a business and this aptitude to make us dream too.
WaWomb, created by Stephanie Gerard, brings illusion and stories to little ones rooms and inspiration to the grown ups' lives. Here's a little more about this very particular world...

I am German/French living in the heart of Lisbon, Portugal.
I have a view on hundred year old tiled houses as well as cloth lines full of fresh laundry.
Complaining seagulls accompanied by the occasional verbal outburst of temperamental neighbours are the soundtrack.
I am a graphic designer and interior design consultant. And I am a mom.



These are the everyday ingredients that inspire me and make it possible for me to work my dreams as an independent designer and artisan since the turn of the millennium.

The motivation behind wawomb was my own pregnancy. At the time I had difficulties in finding a great impact – minimal effort solution for a modern nursery. Something that would reflect my taste in design and let me integrate existing furniture and turn them more childlike without clashing with our overall style.


So, after 9 month of gestation wawomb was born with the launching of its first nursery décor line “New Kids on the Block” – a monochromatic collection with an artistic urban vibe.
At wawomb, future moms and dads can choose from a variety of products such as knobs, coat hooks, curtain draw backs, crib mobiles and prints that if bought in a set help them create an instant modern nursery.

All my products are exclusively designed and manufactured by myself in small limited editions and are adapted easily to existing furniture.
At the moment I am already working on my next line that is going to be presented in February. In the meanwhile I created a mini Christmas collection:



DIY yourself a merry little Xmas Countdown” a digital advent calendar to download and craft at home.
A tip: gather the entire family on a cold autumn day and, creating a family memory, make your awesome advent calendar.
Do you want privileged access to pre-releases, with revelations and big discounts only accessible to subscribers? You are welcome to subscribe to wawomb newsletter.

Thank you so much Cris for the opportunity to talk about my work and project!
Let's be friends? Wawomb is on facebook, instagram and pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment